Angel Witch launches video for “Death from Andromeda” and released the new album, ‘Angel Of Light’, on 1st November.
In the wake of their brand new album, Angel Of Light – already being described by some as the band’s finest work since the legendary debut – Angel Witch are proud to present their first bona fide music video since their eponymous single nearly forty years ago: the incendiary and extraterrestrial-themed “Death From Andromeda”.
Watch the video here:
The handiwork of the Brighton-based production team Wild Stag Studio, this six minute piece forms a homage of sorts to the sci-fi and horror dreamworlds that have haunted the collective subconscious and fired the imagination of the band since its earliest incarnation.
Even before the day in 1979 when Kevin Heybourne used the recently viewed Alien as inspiration for the hellish guitar noise that kicks off “Baphomet”, the mystical aural landscapes that Angel Witch creates had always been heavily informed by futuristic dystopias, dark mythos and the kind of culture oft found in yellowing paperbacks, midnight movie screenings and on the flickering of small-hours television.
What’s more, whilst recording Angel Of Light in early 2019, the band were holed up together for three weeks in an AirBnB in Leeds, and found themselves spending most of their time in the evenings watching movies and TV, which naturally gravitated towards grand guignol horror and old-school sci-fi – from classics like ’60s Star Trek and the Hammer House Of Horror series to celluloid escapism from the sublime (The Devil Rides Out) to the ridiculous (Lair Of The White Worm).
To stream Angel Of Light, head over to: metalblade.com/angelwitch – where the album can also be purchased in the following formats:
– deluxe box set (digipak CD, red/white/black marbled vinyl, 7″, flag, backpatch, art print – limited to 1000 copies)
– 180g black vinyl (EU exclusive)
– orange / purple marbled vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 666 copies)
– signal orange vinyl (EU exclusive – limited to 400 copies)
– light yellow vinyl (EMP exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– sungaze swirl vinyl (EU Webshop exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
– blue vinyl (High Roller exclusive – limited to 200 copies)
– clear vinyl (Band exclusive – limited to 100 copies)
– transparent red vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 700 copies)
– yellow / red marbled vinyl (US exclusive – limited to 300 copies)
* exclusive bundles with shirts, plus digital options are also available!
Be sure to catch Angel Witch at their release shows this weekend! See below for all dates:
Nov. 1 – Mannheim, Germany – 7er Club
Nov. 2 – Berlin, Germany – Cassiopeia
Nov. 3 – Köln, Germany – Helios 37
Angel Witch line-up:
Kevin Heybourne – vocals, lead guitar
Jimmy Martin – rhythm guitar
Will Palmer – bass
Fredrik Jansson Punkka – drums